Note: Read the following instructions carefully.
- Attempt any Five questions
- All questions carry equal marks
- Extra attempt of any question or any part will not be considered
- Candidates must draw two straight lines at the end to separate each question in answer book.
Question 1: Give a running account of agricultural research in the country and its impact on crop productivity.
Question 2: Answer the following questions.
- Highlight the significance of genetic resources regarding food security.
- Elaborate the possibilities of another green revolution to meet the food requirements of increasing population.
Question 3: Salinity and water logging are the twin menace in irrigated agriculture. Describe the causes of these two threats and also discuss the reclamation procedure for saline sodic soils.
Question 4: Low productivity due to biotic and abiotic is a matter of great concern. Describe the role of ‘‘IPM’’ to overcome the biotic stresses affecting agricultural production.
Question 5: Write down the reasons of stagnant yields of wheat crop in Pakistan. Suggest appropriate strategies to bridge the gap between existing yields and potential yields.
Question 6: Write short notes on any Four of the following.
- Livestock as a component of Agriculture
- Rust diseases in Wheat
- Green House Effect
- Crop water use efficiency
- Potential of Horticultural industry in the country
Question 7: Differentiate between any Four of the following.
- Basic seed and certified seed
- Symbiotic and Non-Symbiotic nitrogen fixation
- C3 and C4 Plants
- Vertical Resistance and Horizontal Resistance
- Pomes and stone fruits
- Linkage and crossing