KPK PMS Botany Paper I – 2008
Note: Read the following instructions carefully.
- Attempt any Five questions
- All questions carry equal marks
- Extra attempt of any question or any part will not be considered
- Candidates must draw two straight lines at the end to separate each question in answer book.
Question 1: Describe the range of vegetative structures found in algae.
Question 2: How would you classify fungi? Give distinguishing characteristics of various groups of fungi giving suitable examples.
Question 3: What are general principles of plant disease control?
Question 4: Answer the following questions.
- Draw a labelled diagram of the longitudinal section of the capsule of Funaria.
- Compare and contrast the structure of Thallus of Marchantia with that of Riccia.
Question 5: Answer the following questions.
- Describe the distribution and habitats of conifers of Pakistan.
- Why Cycas is referred to as a ‘‘living fossil’’?
Question 6: What is secondary growth? Describe the secondary growth of dicot stem with the help of suitable diagrams.
Question 7: Discuss modern trends in plant taxonomy.