KPK PMS Chemistry Paper I – 2008
Note: Read the following instructions carefully.
- Attempt any Five questions
- All questions carry equal marks
- Extra attempt of any question or any part will not be considered
- Candidates must draw two straight lines at the end to separate each question in answer book.
Question 1: Derive Schrodinger’s wave equation. How it is applied to a particle in one dimensional box?
Question 2: Answer the following questions.
- Give the postulates of Deby-Huckel theory and derive an expression for weak electrolytes.
- What is a Galvanic cell? How does it differ from an electrolytic cell?
Question 3: Answer the following questions.
- Define first law of thermodynamics. Give its mathematical form.
- Derive the relationship between standard free energy change an equilibrium constant.
Question 4: What are Silicones? How are they prepared? Discuss their properties and uses.
Question 5: Answer the following questions.
- What are the raw materials of glass? How glass is manufactured?
- How Silver occur in nature? How is it extracted from its ores?
Question 6: Answer the following questions.
- What are Transition metals? Describe their characteristics properties.
- Discuss how CFT explain the colours of metal complexes?
Question 7: What is meant by air pollution? What are major primary pollutants produced by human activity?